Mom came home last night around 10pm. Best anyone can tell the pain was stress related (due to finances).
Please continue to pray for my parents as the Holy Spirit leads, obviously their greatest need is the Savior. As I'm sure each of has experienced, the Lord often uses the pressures of life to bring us to a place of crying out for His mercy. Lord, may they cry out soon!
This situation has given Brianna and I the opportunity to revisit what we know, and believe, about God. Brianna was sharing with me last night (before we knew my mom was released) that she is scared that she will lose Grandma, and that Grandma has not given her life to the Lord. We talked about how nothing a person does or doesn't do shortens our life, but that God has always known exactly how long He will allow each of us to live on this earth. And that we have nothing to fear because NOTHING can change the time and day God has already ordained Grandma's life here to end.
Brianna was comforted by this reminder that God "already knows". I am humbled by her example...I am challenged to ask myself if I am comforted just knowing God already knows _____. I can put so many things into this blank...How about you? In any given situation in your life are you comforted knowing that God already knows how He will rescue you from your circumstances, that God already knows if/how He will save your loved ones, that God already knows the plan for every minute of your life?
I got an email today from one of my best friends who found God comforting him in the wee hours of the night by a prophetic word from a few years ago. I know many of us can use to hear this today...may God's plan to be your Comforter bring you peace! Please let me know how I can pray for you today!
Brianna and I are continuing to pray for God to save Grandma, Pop, and several other family members, and we welcome you to join us!
Let's see what God will do!
Amazed by His grace,
Colleen
Word for today...
Are you complaining and grumbling about "where you are"? Then know that you haven't asked to see the good; I AM waiting to show you My glory in the hardship, but you MUST ask, for as certain as the circumstances you face look hard , know that ever greater and more certain is My Glory that will be revealed to you, in you and through you as you SEEK the good in every situation you face. Look for the good, for therein it lies.
No comments:
Post a Comment