Thank you to all of you who supported me on this trip, practically, prayerfully and financially. Your investment in the Gospel is very real!
I am still asked (regularly) "How was Haiti?" And each time I hear that question I am overcome with the realization that God's faithfulness was constant. He didn't just get me there, but He sustained me there. He didn't just let me go there, He used me there for His purposes. He didn't just let me survive Haiti, He let me flourish there.
Oh, how amazing my God is!
There is so much I want to capture about the trip, and what God has done through it and since it. Here is a picture that evidences one of my favorite parts...This is Jinette. We were sitting in the midst of a painting crew, watching the construction crew go back and forth past us, with kids running and playing all around. Somehow Jinette fell asleep in my lap in the midst of it all.
One of the funniest things is that her brother, Jozaffa, had done the very same thing that morning. (I'm still trying to track down the picture with him sleeping in my lap.)
One of the most serious things is that I fell in love with these two children, and would love to adopt them.
But, I get ahead of myself. =D
Prior to going to Haiti I envisioned myself going to love on the kids of the orphanage we would be serving. As the time drew closer to actually go I was given information that our team had been making plans to go into the community and reach out to the locals.
I had a real heart struggle at that point. I didn't want to leave the orphanage, I just wanted to hug and kiss and tickle the orphans. BUT, I reeled myself back in and committed to do WHATEVER God had for me to do there. I would haul rocks, take vital signs, and YES, even go out into the community.
God really blessed my decision to do HIS will above my own. Most of what He had me to do in Haiti was to hug and kiss and tickle the orphans. Isn't He so good to me?
He gave me the desire of my heart! Completely. He placed the desire there, and then He fulfilled it as only He can! HE IS SO FAITHFUL!!!!
I'm going to take time over the coming weeks to document the trip, this is just the beginning. =D
Thank you for the part you play in God's will for my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment