On Tuesday, December 18, 2007 we were at Disney World's Magic Kingdom, one of our two favorite places to go. Standing between Cinderella's castle and Main Street USA, with Tomorrowland behind us David began an important line of questioning... David: How do you feel about the Florida Gators?
Colleen: I HATE the Florida Gators.
David: Good. (nodding his head)
pause
David: How about the University of Alabama? Do you like them?
Colleen: Nope, don't like them either. (emphatic shaking of the head)
David: (nodding head, continuing to contemplate) University of Georgia?
Colleen: Nah...(with a wrinkled up nose)
more head nodding and pause
David: How about Auburn, do you like Auburn?
Colleen: I LOVE AUBURN! And as I told my friend, Jan Watkins, when we started courting, I've been a secret Auburn fan for years.
David: Good, good.
I am giving him my full attention.
David: Well, in that case, I have one more question.
David gets down on one knee and takes a box out of his pocket...and opens it to reveal my dream ring...
David: Will you marry me?
I looked right into his eyes and with a big smile said...
Colleen: I need more words than that...
As if he wasn't nervous enough, I ask him to give more!
David: Oh! I love you, will you marry me?
Colleen: Yes, David, I will marry you!
Before I could even hug him a very sweet couple stopped to ask if we had a camera for them to take our picture. We did, and they did, and above is the picture.
My sweet David, he started to shake like a leaf after the picture was taken. We were both SO in a daze...I think we wondered around in circles for a few minutes before we realized we needed to decide where we were going. We decided on the Haunted Mansion...and of course, our doombuggie got stopped - for several minutes - at the place with the bride holding a hatchet. David seemed a little nervous, so I assured him I do not own a hatchet. lol
After that we headed to our friends' house, Bob and Bonnie Anderson, to go out for dinner (which was planned before David knew he was going to propose that night.)
After dinner Bonnie asked us to come in the house so she could take our picture...we walked in to a surprise party! Most of my home group and a few other close friends were there to celebrate our exciting news and to toast our marriage, giving thanks to God for His kindness to us. We even had a toast from our friend, Rob Swanson, who has known me for 13 years, and David for 4. Rob shared how he and his wife, Lynette, have been praying for 10 years for God to bring the exact right man for me, and that they are SO glad that David finally "got it".
We all had a good laugh! It was a perfect evening!
1 comment:
Thanks for the details!! Congratulations! love ya!
Post a Comment