This morning on our church's ladies blog my friend Allie posted about devotions...she talked about being in a busy new season and not having extended time to spend praying and reading the word, but how God still meets her in the moments of whispered prayer, online sermons, worship CD, etc. (You can read it here: http://acupofgracegcc.blogspot.com/2008/10/devotions_08.html
Well, I'm not a new mama (although I'd like to be!), but I am a new wife, and a new homeschool mama (at least it feels new after it being 5 or 6 years since I did it all by myself)...Add to that a new home, a new job, a new church family to knit in with, elderly parents with health issues...I totally relate to the moments of whispered prayer being your lifeline! =D
Today started out with me confessing to my sweet hubby that I am struggling...which was blatently obvious by the look on my face and the tone of my voice. lol BUT GOD, used My David to speak softly to me called me to pray. So, I offered up a whispered prayer thanking God for the day, for all HE has planned for it, and for providing enough time for it all to get done. I was immediately reminded that His grace does sustain me! HIS sweet peace covered me like a warm heating blanket! My focus is restored, my eyes are fixed on HIM, and He has kindly reminded me of who HE Is! He is the same savior of Matthew 8:26b..."Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm." I was also reminded that I had been the one in the boat with little faith who was crying “Save [me], Lord; [I am] perishing.”
Lord, thank You for Your sustaining grace! Thank You that Your mercies are new EVERY day! Thank You for a husband who speaks softly and encourages me to righteousness, and who does not tear me down. Thank You for Your Word that is truly my bread of life...and Your Holy Spirit who gives me the power to press on! Lord Jesus, thank You for making it possible for me to know this grace!
Well, if you feel like you're about to perish, take a moment and offer up a whispered pray to the Lord...He will hear it no matter how faint it is!
1 comment:
Thank you for lovin' on our little boys during this busy season!
I'm looking forward to getting to know David more. (Ha! Know David Moore more!) LOL I'm cracking myself up! *grin*
Let's look at our calendars for a good dinner night!
Post a Comment