Thursday, October 04, 2007

Guess who's courting!

This evening I went on an outing with my long-time friend, David Moore. The purpose of the outing, to begin our courtship!

David and I met 6 years ago in Atlanta...we went to the same church, and he began attending the same care group as me. We've been good friends since the very beginning!

This evening we began by going to dinner, and once the waitress took our order David proceeded to tell me that he had spoken with my dad and asked Dad's permission to court me. He went on to tell me that my dad had given his permission, and then asked me if he may court me.

With joy overflowing from my heart I said "Yes" to courtship.

The "yes" was followed by David presenting me with a a small, rectangular, black velvet box . The box contained a silver chain and hanging from the chain was a beautiful silver oval pendant with diamonds around the face. I was so overwhelmed! How could I stand up under the AMAZING kindness God was showering me with! To have a godly man, who is one of my best friends, ask my dad for permission to court me AND give me diamonds???

It was so humbling! I can't even begin to understand why God is so good to me, but I am SO glad He is!

David and I enjoyed our time at the restaurant, although I barely ate anything...We went out for ice cream on the way home to a place that was my favorite growing up (Carvel)...then we went and picked up Brianna from my friend.

Brianna is OVERJOYED! Her Uncle President is one of her very favorite people! She and I were both smiling so much our cheeks hurt...yet we couldn't stop smiling! She took a picture of David and I to commemorate the occasion (above)...The picture below was this past Saturday at EPCOT...another fun time!

Our evening ended after the picture...David still had a 2-hour drive back to Jacksonville.

While many, and I do mean many, people have been wondering for years why we weren't a couple, it seems now is the Lord's timing for us. We are SO excited!

David, Brianna and I so need your prayers as we seek the Lord's will in this relationship. Thank you for your faithful friendship!

Amazed by HIS grace,
Colleen

26 comments:

Jordan said...

Very exciting! I will be praying for you both!

Medana22 said...

Oh Colleen,
God is Amazing! Taylor and I will begin praying for you guys I am so glad that Brianna's heart has already been soften towards David. Another testimony of God's faithfulness and His soverign plan.
Happy Courting!

Reel Deal said...

AHHH! What an exciting time for everyone! God HAS always been faithful! We'll pray for God's guidance as you begin this wonderful new journey!

Anonymous said...

Comment from Nettie...

That is SOOOOOO EXCITING!!!!! It's about time!! LOL!!!! Colleen, I am so happy for you!!! We will pray for God's guidance and rejoice with you through this AWESOME time!!!!! We love and miss you guys!!! I always knew he liked you!!!!! :) I can't wait to tell the girls... they are in IN this week.... girl, Chrissie is the the big 18!!!!!! Can't believe it!!!! I will try to write again soon, but I am at work....

Love, Lynette

www.godsfaithfulnesscontinues.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Comment from Aubrey...

Colleen,

I am so happy for you! I have really had faith for God bringing someone into your life and I will be praying that God uses this season and reveals his plan! He is soo good to us!

Love you!
Aubrey

Anonymous said...

Comment from Dawne P...

ohmigosh! It's someone we know! (big fat smile)

The Andrews Family said...

Dear Colleen,
Heard the wonderful news that extends ALL the way back to Atlanta of the faithfulness of God being revealed in your life! "YAHOO!"..."YIPEE!!" Your past 10 years has been a journey. It has brought you to this point-receiving a desire of your heart! Thank you for your "faith-filled" example of trusting in God. Enjoy the Blessing!
~Terresa

Steph said...

YAY! PRAISE GOD FOR HIS FAITHFULNESS AND TIMING! Colleen, I can't tell you how excited I am for you and this new season that God has ushered you into. I will DEFINITELY be praying and hope to meet him soon. :) Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am soo excited for you and Brianna! May God use this time to grow your friendship even more as you start this new adventure! God is soo good! To God alone be the glory!! YAY!
Love ya!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Terresa,

Of course it would extend back to Atlanta, that's where it all started! =D

Thank you so much for being part of the journey. You and Brian have played a major role in God's plan to make me more like Christ. Thank you for your love, support, example and friendship all these years. I love you guys!

Colleen

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Oh my GOSH! I am so excited!! Colleen, what an answer to prayer! What an amazing evidence of God's kindness and care for you and Brianna!!!!! I'm SO excited for you guys!

Can't wait to meet you, David!

Anonymous said...

Comment from Karen H...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am crying tears of joy for you! I want you to come to dinner! What is your calendar like over the next several weeks?

Love you!

God is GOOD and KIND and FAITHFUL!

Love you

Karen

Rob said...

Joy to you, Colleen, but of course, take things slow, with prayer, with faith, and with earplugs (I'm going to go tell Lynette now, and you'll likely hear the scream of joy...)

For anyone who doesn't know him, David is a sweetheart with a... unique... sense of humor. My kids love him, and they are wonderful judges of character (they still look sideways at me).

:)

Anonymous said...

Comment from the Giaccones...

Colleen,
Yes, He's always been faithful (one of my favorite songs). We'll be praying for you during this exciting time. If he asked you to court him than he must be smart. Since you said yes he must be a Godly man. Since Brianna loves him he must be kind. Seems like good qualifications to start with. Hope we can spend some time with you all.

Love You a whole bunch,
In His Sovereign Hand,
Jane and Tony

Angie said...

YAY! It's about time! That's what I told David, at least. Mike and I are both so very thrilled about this!

Much love,
Angie

Susan said...

COLLEEN!!!!!!
This made my day. No, my week. No, my year (up there with becoming a Nonna)!!!!!!
There is so much more I can say about our wonderful God, and you, but nothing says it better than the radiant SMILE on Brianna's face!! Priceless.
I'll see you at the end of Oct for Norah's dedication :-)
REJOICING with you!
Love you & Bri,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Comment from Emily J...

WHHHHOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO – What a mighty GOD WE SERVE!

THANKS for sharing!



~Emily~

Anonymous said...

Comment from Dawn C...

Wow! That is amazing. How kind of God. I will join you in prayer!

:) Dawn

Anonymous said...

Comment from Katie G...

Woah! I remember him! Mazel Tov! I am so excited for you and Bri, and David too. I am praying very hard for him- J

Keep us posted.

Love,

Kate-a-la

Anonymous said...

Comment from Becky I:

Congratulations, Colleen!!!

Antoinette said...

Oh Colleen, I am so happyyyyyyy, lol for you This is an answer to prayer. But of course we know The Lord is faithfull,and always on time.You both look great together. I am so over welmed with emotions{crying}for great joy I feel for you and pray God will bless your courting,and all the furture plans that the Lord has for you and Brianna,and David. Love you Mommy.

Anonymous said...

Comment from Bill K...

Colleen,

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles..." my favorite quote from Isaiah.

I join in your prayer that this new courtship may be the beginning of the newest chapter in your book of life. Your faith is a beacon to others and your relationship with the Lord is wonderful.

Love,
Uncle Billy

Anonymous said...

Comment from Kimberly S...

"...no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him"

Colleen, I am so glad we were able to talk today, Thank you so much for sharing your life with me...it is such a blessing and a delight to have the honor of sharing in your joy! I thought of this verse after we had talked. Can you believe that even with all of the goodness and lovingkindness of the Father that you're experiencing at this time that He has prepared even greater in Heaven when we are forever with Him!!! He is an AMAZING God!

Looking forward to whatever time He gives us this weekend and...in the future as well ;o)

Love, Kimberly

rhonniegirl said...

OK. Goose Bumps. How thrilling! Now I can't stop smiling. God bless you and David in the process. Isn't it good to have begun as friends in Christ.

Lots of Love,
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Oh Colleeen! How precious! I am so rejoicing with you both as God leads you down this exciting road. My heart overflows with joy for you! Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Jan W.

Comic_Kiley said...

Way to go sis! Woohoo!