Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Joy in the Journey...

Well, David and I have been courting a week now. Boy, have I learned a lot!

First, I have learned a little more about how much God loves me. WOW. I am blown away by Him. The depths of His care for me seem endless...He so overwhelms me! (in a good way)

Something I have re-learned this week is that I am quick to forget that God cares about the journey...after all, it is the journey He has designed for me and He has a reason for it. Or millions of reasons! Only He knows.

The Scripture posted by my Uncle Bill has been ever-present in my thoughts the last few days..."But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles..."

"Waiting on the Lord" is how I want to be known.

That being said, I'd like to enlist the help of those who love and care for me.

To aid us in waiting on the Lord, and finding joy in the journey, not to mention guarding our hearts, would you please help us keep our conversations at the "courtship" level, and not encourage us to talk at the "engagement" level. Thank you so much for your help with this!

It is hard to wait and pay attention to the journey when you're excited. I hope it goes without saying that your prayers are greatly appreciated in this regard. THANK YOU for your faithfulness to our Lord and to us!

Even more amazed by His grace,
Colleen

5 comments:

Rob said...

Y'know, of all the things we love about you, your wisdom is at the top.

I'd still like to talk with David, though, so please e-mail me his number when you get the chance. :)

Hannah Elisabeth said...

Aunt Colleen!
I didn't even know you had a blog...I'm still trying to get used to the whole thing, I had written a lot on my facebook and myspace but decided to 'transfer' those blogs and begin new ones on blogspot!

I am so excited about all of the things going on in your life and thank you so much for your encouraging words and for ALWAYS giving God thanks above all.

You are in my prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

So good to see you at church yesterday Colleen. We prayed for you this morning and look forward to seeing what God has in store.
Much Love-
Jan

Unknown said...

How exciting! Lynette just told me the news! God is so faithful! I am praying for you!

Candace said...

Oh my goodness Colleen! David used to be in my home group before I left to go to the singles group in my Church and I had no idea he knew you! Thats hilarious! I'm very happy for you and I'll be praying for you both. Much love!