Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!


"He is risen!"

This is my favorite Easter greeting...I love to see who replies "He is risen indeed!" Just imagine walking down the dirt roads in the days after Jesus rose from the dead and instead of saying "Hey" or "How goes it?" or "Hello there" you exclaim to the passers-by "He is risen!" and they exclaim back "He is risen indeed!"

I'm thinking those who initiated that greeting were a lot less likely to forget what He had done for us! I think if I were a passerby, maybe thinking about those things that were weighing me down, and someone greeted me with "He is risen!" I might just put those weighty things in their proper place...At least I hope I would. =D
Here we are 2000 years later, and the simple truth remains...HE IS RISEN! He has conquered sin and death! The work He did at Calvary has not been diminished one bit! We are still free from sin and death! And, He still provides our every (lesser) need after that!
So...what's weighing on you today? Whatever it is, look yourself in the mirror and exclaim:
HE IS RISEN!
If your load does not get lighter, call me and exclaim "He is risen!" and I will remind you "He is risen indeed!" Then I will ask you what burden is heavier than this truth!

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Hi Colleen! It was fun seeing you post on my blog :). Yes- that was David and Anne- can you beleive it? With their sweet baby Katherine. How are you?!!!