It's SO not what you might think! lol
It actually is from a recent joke make in our yard. Some new friends of ours, who we met through Karate, were over last night to look at the apartment over our barn. You know, the one my parents were "supposed" to move into months ago. Well, my mom was recently moved to a nursing home near their home, and we have now found out that she has been SO HORRIBLY cared for over the last six months in the first nursing home that the new nursing home can't even think about rehabilitation until they get her healed. (She has several wound areas as a result of the first nursing home...and she's diabetic...you do the math.) SO, my parents won't be here any time soon - that we know of - and we have the vacant apartment.
Our friends have sold their house and while they're waiting on the Lord to direct their next long-term step they're going to be our tenants! Everyone in our house is pretty excited about it! (We'll see how long they stay excited when Miss Kim starts getting Mommy up at 5am to workout! Which, by the way, Mommy is SO excited about! Miss Kim is a certified personal trainer don't ya know!)
SO, we will have a family of four (there are two boys) and their two teeny tiny dogs living in the apartment, or as we say around here "living in the barn". Needless to say, this helps us out, and we hope it will be a blessing to our friends as well. And maybe, I can't help but wonder, God has a reason for putting two boys in Brianna's life and backyard...like maybe there will be two boys of our own one day! I hope I hope! =D
In the meantime, feel free to rejoice with us in this season of God's continued provision for us. And, please pray! We have A LOT of reorganizing to do in our house, to move in some things from the storage area as well as the barn, in order to make room for our friends. And, did I mention we're leaving on Thanksgiving for Atlanta for the weekend??? Yes, our friends will be moving in while we're away! So please pray for them as well.
And, if you're in the neighborhood stop by! We can surely find you something to do! Uh, is that what I meant? I'll say "We'd love to introduce you to our friends!" =D
Oh, I almost forgot the joke! You see our house sits north on the property...and the barn is south on the property. So it was a big joke last night that we're the yankees and they're the southerns and they'll have to work on their southern drawl. (David is the only real southerner of the four us.) And this morning at karate we were joking about Kim coming up to the big house when she needs something...
We're having fun already! =D
Isn't God SO faithful? He does what He says He will do...EVERY TIME!
Philippians 4:19: "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

2 comments:
Well, dahlin, if ya'll need any help from those of us who know how to talk, ya'll jes let us know. :)
We're headed to Tallahassee this weekend, so I'll get mine back for a day or two at least. :) I love it! Happy Thanksgiving!
I am so happy to hear that your Mom will be closer to you Dad and getting the care she needs. How exciting your new neighbors and what an answer to prayer! I will continue to pray for you guys. Have fun in Atlanta see you after Thanksgiving!
Love Ya!
Shawna
Post a Comment