Today is moving day! Well, at least the biggest part of the move...Tonight Brianna and I will be sleeping in our new home. I will be sleeping in my own bed after a month...I can't wait!We are really excited about the new place, and living so close to the Reels...we love them! It is somewhat sad to leave this home though...it is where the Lord taught us to be homemakers...it's the first place in my entire life that I have really enjoyed living...And God has been faithful to remind us that all the things that made this home so special will go with us where ever we go...that HE will be with us where ever we go...
Still, there is turmoil that I am fighting back - seemingly each moment. God has poured out His blessing, providing more than ample help to get us moved this evening...now the panic is trying to set in that I haven't gotten enough done to accommodate the help I will have.
BUT GOD is my peace like a river, attending my soul. HE is worthy of my praise, even when I am a little stressed. So glad we have hymns like "It Is Well With My Soul"...several lines from this song are rolling around in my head, and I am SO thankful that I know enough of them to sing them to myself as I chip away at packing and preparing. Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to know; 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'
Lord, I thank you for my lot, I know YOU have sovereignly designed this lot for me. Thank You for knowing what is best...thank You for Your perfect timing...Thank You that You are faithful through it all...Thank You for Your abundant blessings and how thoroughly You take care of our every need. Lord, You are worthy to be praised!
Lord, I trust You to provide for ALL my needs today. I trust YOU to give me the strength to persevere. I thank You for my weakness Lord, because my weakness only more greatly displays Your strength. Be glorified in my life, O Lord!
Music by Phillip Bliss, Words by Horatio Spafford
When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea-billows roll,
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to know;
"It is well, it is well with my soul."
Tho' Satan should buffet, tho' trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed his own blood for my soul.
My sin - oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin - not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to His cross and I bear it no more;
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, oh, my soul.
And, Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll,
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend-
"Even so - it is well with my soul."
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live,
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou shalt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment