Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOZAFFA!

Today is Jozaffa's 6th birthday...that's right, he was born on the infamous 9/11 of 2001. I am so in awe of God's greatness when I think about the fact that while death and destruction was going on in one part of the world that this gorgeous, smart, amazing child was being born in another.

In God's kindness He allowed me to send Jozaffa a couple of little birthday presents. It turned out Pastor Daniel and his wife, Marlaine, were both flying to Haiti this week, and they said they would be happy to take the gifts along. Of course I also sent Jinette her belated birthday gifts too. I made them each a little photo album of pictures from our trip there in June, and then sent them each a bag of smarties, some matchbox cars and a bag of balloons for Jozaffa, a My Little Pony and some hair clips for Jinette, along with as much love as I could stuff in the package.

Last night on the way to ship the package Brianna was praying for the kids. (She is so precious!) What a heart she has for these children that she has never met. She was pleading with God to let both she and I go see them, and to "get them" soon. What an excited big sister she would be if God's plan is really for us to adopt them.

I continue to learn about God through the Haitians. Brianna and I were discussing the prospect of sending presents to J & J, and how the rest of the children would feel that they did not get anything. I asked about this when I was in Haiti. I was told the children rejoice with those who are rejoicing. They do not get jealous or begrudge each other, they understand that God gives as He pleases. Wow. What an amazing living example of Romans 12:15: "Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep."

Brianna and I were both challenged by this example, and by God's Word. How selfish we are to grumble and complain at what we do not have as if God owes us anything! Lord, thank You for Your kindness to use the Haitians to convict us of our sins. Father, please continue to show us our sin that we may continue to kill it and become more like Christ.

If you're reading this today, please take a moment to pray for the birthday boy. I am praying that he will know God's love for him, as well as God's pleasure in creating him, and that he will know Jesus as his Lord and Savior from this day on.

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

No comments: